Monday 14 October 2013

So it begins...

Hello,

It's taken me a little time to get round to publishing my posts from Summer but here goes...

Welcome to the first post of my Innovation and Leadership blog. I will be writing posts regularly to show my research and development for the unit! 

After our unit briefing I am really excited about starting this unit. I love the creative freedom that comes with this unit as our latest modules have felt more restricted. Hopefully my idea for this unit can be developed and continued for my FMP. If that is my intention I am very aware that whatever I come up with and proceed with must be something I am passionate about with a real interest!

I had my first lecture today and met our tutor Frances for the unit.

Key things to think about from the unit hand book over the next few weeks are:


Identify a fashion business concept that is to be launched in today's competitive market
Demonstrate unique selling point Innovation and distinct positioning

What is your fashion business model? Identify your vision and a clear market position through pricing and distribution strategies

1. Identify a fashion business opportunity and evaluate its potential in terms of the market, competition and economic value

2. Construct a business model that is based on market research including analysis of consumer needs as we'll as actual potential demand. Cost drivers, revenue sources, and critical success factors.
3. New strategy that is central to the concept. Clear brand vision and brand statement


I'm still excited but a little nervous about coming up with an idea/plan and feeling slightly over whelmed by the whole thing. But the key is to stay positive and keep an open mind!




I need to keep telling myself this



No comments:

Post a Comment