Wednesday 20 November 2013

Questionnaire Results

Here are the results for the questionnaire that I detailed in my Primary Research Blog post. I received 34 responses which is more than I had originally predicted I would receive!

Row Labels Count of Are you Male or Female?
Female 1
Male 33
(blank)
Grand Total 34

Row Labels Count of How old are you?
15-20 8
20-24 17
25-30 7
30+ 1
(blank)
Grand Total 33
Row Labels Count of Do you have a smart phone and or a tablet?
Both 21
Smart Phone 13
(blank)
Grand Total 34
Row Labels Count of Do you use apps?
No 1
Yes 33
(blank)
Grand Total 34
Row Labels Count of Do you have an IOS or Android supported phone/tablet?
Adroid 8
IOS (apple) 25
(blank)
Grand Total 33
Row Labels Count of If ASOS had a free dedicated Menswear app would you download it?
No 2
Yes 32
(blank)
Grand Total 34
Row Labels What content would you be interested in reading on the App?
Fashion 31
TV/Movies 10
Music 19
Gigs and Festivals 9
Male Bloggers 9
Food/Dinning 8
Sport 12
Gaming 8
Fitness 13
News 6
Humour 11
Travel 6
Technology 12
Grooming 16
Tattoos 12
Celebrity 7

I was overall really pleased with the results of the survey. The fact it was an all male survey was obviously vital when considering the Male nature of the topic. It was also key to hit the 20 something target market that ASOS focus on. There was only 1 over 30 who responded and 8 under 20's. I don't see this as a problem though as they will in a few years sit within the ASOS twenty something category so their results should still be considered. Looking back the survey if I was to do it again I would consider shortening the age brackets as in this group someone who is 20 would fall into these 8 but I have no way of knowing how many 20 years olds there are which is where the ASOS Target consumer ages starts.
Interestingly enough all respondents either had a smart phone or a smart phone and a tablet. Not on respondent possessed neither. This is a really positive stat as it shows everyone in the target market posses the means of technology to download the app.
97% of respondents said they used app which again is a positive figure for my project. 
Something  that was really interesting was that 25 of the respondents used I0S and 8 used Android supported devices. This is really worth noting as from this result I think it is key to have the app available in both formats.
Perhaps the most positive result from the questionnaire for me was that 94% of respondents said they would download the ASOS Menswear App. The contents preferences were also interesting - with Fashion being the most popular, followed by Music, Sport, Fitness, Technology, grooming and tattoos. 
I think this information is invaluable and I will definitely be carrying lots of it through when doing the report.

No comments:

Post a Comment